Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Julep Review

Blogger is annoying because it just deleted all of my post. So here it is again. I received 4 Julep polishes this week. Two were from Adventures in Acetone's Blog Sale. Check it out because she still has polishes for sale and some are only $1. I bought Michelle and Diane.

I received the other 2 in my first Julep Maven box. This is $20 a month for 3 items. My third item was a hand soap that exfoliates your skin. I haven't tried it yet. I got Penelope and Portia. You can see Penelope in my previous post. It's a soft pink that, like most light colors, takes 3 streaky coats to get it opaque. Sigh.

Here is my new Julep mani:
Base: Julep - Michelle
Glitter: Julep - Portia
Top Coat: Seche Vite


Michelle is a deep blue. Formula is average.
Portia is a fabulous glitter with teal, blue, orange, and yellow specks. It had a fantastic application and was surprisingly easy to remove.

Top Coat of Essie - Matte About You


The problem with Julep: Each 8ml bottle is $14. There's no way in hell it's worth that much. The application is average (OPI is definitely better) and the colors aren't THAT special. It is 3 free, but so are a lot of cheaper polishes. Still, because Portia was so awesome (that might be worth $14) I'll give the Maven box one more month before I decide to cancel.

Pictures of the bottles




What do you think about Julep?

Love, Bethany

18 comments:

  1. I feel like I've seen these before.... maybe? I've definitely never tried them, though. Glad you at least like Portia. Definitely pretty matte-ed! (*snickers* three streaky coats lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the glitter over the dark. $14 is nuts. I wonder sometimes how much I have spent on nail supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those look very pretty! I love the combination you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The matte makes such a big difference, I'm starting to like them more now. I've never tried Julep and this is only a small criticism, but I don't like their packaging.. mostly b/c I don't want to mistaken it for lip gloss :x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wish I had a matte top coat. looks great
    I have an award for you at http://www.devilish-polish.com/2012/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. The matte topcoat over the glitter is fantastic! Other than that, none of the other Julep colours look very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how the matte combo looks! your blog is seriously one of my favorites. So i wanted to tell you that i nominated you for the Liebster Award

    http://nailsbydiana.blogspot.com/2012/03/my-first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Verfy pretty.... I don't own any Juleps

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got my first julep this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've tagged you! The post is already up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like it better with a matte top coat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've stayed away from Julep because I've heard so many people have had issues with them--from the referral program being all messed up to people trying to cancel their membership and having problems getting that done. I figure there are enough other brands out there I can buy from. I'm weak though--if they come out with a color I really, really want I might get one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh matte glitter... *droool* such a beautiful combo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a sucker for matte and ever better - matte with glitter so I'm drooling all over the place already LOL
    These are awesome awesome awesome!!!
    However... I don't think I wanna pay 14$ + shipping for one bottle. that's way over my head (this brand is not sold here nor will their website ship internationally) :-(
    I will have to find some other close looks...

    ReplyDelete
  15. . It may be shocking, but many home invasions and burglaries occur by intruders walking through the front door that was left open. satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all feedback!